Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Botanical Surprise

This is one of my two Sansevieria plants.


It's the smaller of the two and resulted when the larger plant started to annoy me by growing leaves that stuck out at odd angles (see that little devil poking out front?). That's when I reacted by dividing up the "mother" plant and sticking some of its parts into a smaller pot, pictured above.

You may have noticed that tiny flower on the right? I spotted it today when I decided to move the plant to a brighter place in the house. At first, I thought it was a weed, but no! It's a Sansevieria flower!


When I inspected more closely, I found another one on the other side.


What's interesting is that these two plants, mother and daughter (no flowers on mom, by the way) have been stuck in a dark corner of the dining room for the past 3 months, the darkest part of the year and have rarely been watered, so neglected have they been. Maybe that's the lesson to learn. Neglect your Sansevieria and it will thrive! 


No comments:

Post a Comment