Wednesday, August 5, 2015

New Soup Bowls


On the long weekend we visited Berit's Moccasin Pottery Open House at Six Mile Lake. It's always such a treat to visit her beautiful summer home and see at all her wonderful pots and plates. This year I focused in on these lovely blue eared mugs, just what I needed for all the soup I make. And they match the coffee cups I brought home from an earlier open house. 

Then, of course, I couldn't leave behind this sweet little vase - such a pleasing shape and that light blue colour that I'm especially fond of, although, in the photo below it appears kind of purple-y: my bad photography/lighting lack-of-skill to blame. 


If you're wondering about the soup, it's this:

There were some elderly carrots in the fridge, so I decided to roast them and convert them to soup. A few minutes later, the carrots emerged from a 400F oven, soft and caramelized. Into the soup pot they went with some sauteed onions and garlic, some ginger, a bit of cumin, a bay leaf and a couple tablespoons of quinoa along with some fresh water. 20 minutes later I was pureeing the mixture with an immersion blender. After seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper, the soup was ready to be served with a generous squirt of lime juice, a dollop of Greek yogourt and a sprinkle of mint. Especially yummy served in my new mugs/soup bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment