Monday, June 29, 2015

The View from Above

I'm a nose-to-the-window kind of person. There are photos of me as an infant standing in front of a screen door for hour upon hour, just watching and nothing much has changed since then.

Especially when I'm on a train or plane, I covet the window seat and unless it's dark or cloudy, my head is usually blocking the view for anyone else that wants to look out that window. My recent flight to Vancouver was no exception.

Upon take-off from Pearson, the plane headed northwest up the Bruce Peninsula on a beautiful late spring morning.




over Manitoulin Island


and Presque Isle, Michigan


just south of the Sault, MI and Sault Ste. Marie, ON


and then over the upper part of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on the south shore of Lake Superior and over Paradise, Michigan, the home place setting for Steve Hamilton's excellent Alex McKnight mystery series. Such a fun coincidence to see it from the air and have it identified on my iPhone, 



Sadly, as we got over the middle of the lake, the clouds took over


so I spent the next few hours with my nose in a book listening to some excellent music.


No comments:

Post a Comment