Friday, May 17, 2013

West Highland Way - Day 1


Scotlands long distance routes

Stage 1: Milngavie to Drymen
The first section of the West Highland Way is something of a prelude through the landscapes of the Lowlands. The urban landscape is left behind at Milngavie (pronounced Mul-guy) as the route passes lochs and woodland before dropping into Strathblane in the shadow of the Campsie Fells.

Tonight I'm at Hawthorns in Drymen (pronounced Drimmen)



I hope these maps work out. Just before I left I noticed that "Map My Walk" had made some changes that were reflected in the map I uploaded quite some time ago.

(sorry about the dates on some of the maps....I'm using other maps created by others)

       

Terrain

Mostly tracks and country lanes, with section on disused railway line. Can be very muddy in places.



Walk Statistics

Distance  19km/11.75 miles
Time  5 - 6 hours
Ascent  210m
Grid Ref  NS553744
 
Route Profile
 
 
(Stage 2 tomorrow and overview yesterday)

1 comment: