Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I saw this idea on Pinterest and found the instructions at The Magic of Ordinary Things blog. A year ago, armed with a Michael's coupon I bought a rotary cutter and a self-healing mat. Mary gave me a valuable tutorial on using these tools and this week I put together a spring wreath.

The instructions said to use a wire clothes hanger, but I thought the resulting wreath might be dwarfed by our over-sized front door, so last week when I was back at Michael's looking for a larger ring, I spotted a kid-sized hula hoop and thought it would work. Using floral wire, I attached a larger wire around the circumference of the front of the hoop and then tied 1" x 8" strips of fabric onto just the wire. Now that it's all done, you can't see the hoop any more.

 
It was a surprisingly quick and fun project to work on. I like the way the fabric flutters in the breeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment